Passion Fruit Black Tea
Taste & Aroma
Our Passion Fruit Black tea pleasantly combines the sweet tropical flavor of a fresh passion fruit with the rich taste of Ceylon black tea. This tea has a rich and lively and strong fruity floral aroma and a very sweet fruity, citrusy flavor. This an excellent tea hot or iced tea. So, if you're passionate about great flavored teas, look no further. Steep at 195° for 3-5 minutes. Don't forget, you can get 2-3 additional cups of tea from each serving.
Health & Wellness Benefits
Passion Flower tea has been recognized by Native American Indian tribes for hundreds of years as being effective in sedating and calming the nerves and combating anxiety. Traditional medical physicians also widely recognize the painkilling and blood pressure lowering properties of this herb.
It is helpful in promoting restful sleep, improving blood circulation, as well as lowering blood pressure. It has also been recognized for lessening headaches, toothaches and pain associated with colic, the menstrual cycle and asthma. Passion flower tea also helps to alleviate symptoms such as nausea and vomiting which may be caused by withdrawal from Vicodin, cocaine, heroin, or opiate painkillers. Passion flower tea may also be helpful in men who produce excessive estrogen as the herb can help stimulate production of testosterone.
Drinking 3-5 cups of black tea daily can bring about all these health benefits.
- Cardiovascular health because it is abundant in antioxidants such as flavonoids which prevent damage caused by free radicals
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes as it helps to expand the arteries, which increase blood flow to the heart
- Improves coronary vasodilation and reduces clots.
- The polyphenois in Black tea seem to help fight against certain kinds of cancer such as ovarian, lung, prostate, colorectal, and bladder. Other studies have revealed that it also helps to prevent stomach, prostate and breast cancer because it slows down the growth of cancerous cells without destroying healthy cells.
- Helps to burn fat and speed up metabolism
- Helps to reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol
- For this with diabetes, drinking tea helps to decrease glucose levels
- Can reduce the risk of cataracts and other conditions brought about by diabetes
- Promotes blood flow to the brain without over stimulating the heart.