Bavarian Chocolate Chai Black Tea
Taste & Aroma
Bavarian Chocolate Chai Black Tea contains Chinese black orange pekoe tea, cinnamon, clove, ginger, anise seeds, fennel seeds, coriander, bavarian chocolate, and toasted almond. When mixed with milk, it should have the same color and texture as hot chocolate, however it is a black tea. This tea can be consumed hot or poured over ice. No matter how you drink it, you will reap the health benefits from each of these spices. Boil water at 195°- 212°, pour water over tea. Add sweetener and milk, if desired. Don't forget, you can get 2-3 additional cups of tea from each serving.
Health & Wellness Benefits
Chocolate / Cacao
Cacao is a superfood high in antioxidants and flavonoids; meaning it can absorb free radicals the can harm the body. Dark chocolate has been shown to be a good source of heart protective antioxidants, known as flavanols. Flavanols are often limited or absent in milk and white chocolate. Raw unprocessed cocoa is a naturally very rich source of flavanols, which may confer several heart healthy benefits. Research supports the role of flavanols in lowering blood pressure and improving blood flow to the brain and heart.
Research has recently come out in support of eating dark chocolate -- in moderation. Dark chocolate has been linked to all sorts of health benefits such as decreased anxiety, depression and appetite, and improved artery function and energy production. Included in your beverage aids in consumption and it good for you. So, drink to your heart's content.
The cinnamon in spiced tea helps increase circulation and breathing. This increases an awareness and vitality within your body. Cinnamon also reduces sleep and is an aphrodisiac.
This spice is well-known in India and China. It helps elevate your mood. When drinking spiced tea, you become more relaxed. The tea, or the cardamom, makes you feel good. It also benefits your lungs, heart and kidneys.
According to Chai-Tea.org, even though cloves are native to Indonesia, the Chinese used them in 300 BC and the Europeans used in them in the 4th and 5th century AD. Cloves are well known for their pain-relieving abilities.
This common spice has many health benefits, including improving circulation, increasing metabolism and fighting the common cold. According to Chai-Tea.org, “Attila the Hun demanded this spice as a ransom during the siege of Rome in 408.”
This nut helps ease sciatic to make it easier to digest heavy foods. This is why some people drink spiced tea late in the evening after a large meal. In the past, Arab doctors used nutmeg to treat kidney and lymph problems.
Chinese Star Anise
Traditional Asian herbalists believe this spice has a lot of health properties. They used it to treat breathing problems and coughing.
This spice can improve the circulatory and immune system. Ginger is also used to treat impotence and motion sickness.
Fennel was a prominent herb in the gardens of France and Germany. The plant is sometimes used to treat kidney problems, ocular (eye) problems and laryngitis.
Black Tea, with its long history of use, is one of the most recognized teas in Western tradition. The tealeaves are fully oxidized (fermented), which gives black teas their deep, robust, full-bodied taste. It is an elegant and timeless beverage, simply delightful for savoring in the morning or afternoon. With the highest caffeine content of all the teas (40 mg / 8oz cup), it only contains half the caffeine of coffee. Drinking Black tea neutralizes virus. Black tea is known as the world's number one beverage-hot, cold, flavored or scented.
Drinking 3-5 cups of black tea daily can bring about all these health benefits.
- Cardiovascular health because it is abundant in antioxidants such as flavonoids which prevent damage caused by free radicals
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes as it helps to expand the arteries, which increase blood flow to the heart
- Improves coronary vasodilation and reduces clots.
- The polyphenois in Black tea seem to help fight against certain kinds of cancer such as ovarian, lung, prostate, colorectal, and bladder. Other studies have revealed that it also helps to prevent stomach, prostate and breast cancer because it slows down the growth of cancerous cells without destroying healthy cells.
- Helps to burn fat and speed up metabolism
- Helps to reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol
- For this with diabetes, drinking tea helps to decrease glucose levels
- Can reduce the risk of cataracts and other conditions brought about by diabetes
- Promotes blood flow to the brain without over stimulating the heart.
- The caffeine in black tea hones mental focus and concentration and the amino acids L-theanine helps you relax and and concentrate more fully on tasks.
- Reduces the stress hormone cortisol after a month of drinking four cups per day.
- Regularly drinking black tea helps to protect against Parkinson’s disease.
- The catechin antioxidants in black tea reduces oral cancers.
- Boosts the immune system because it contains alkylamine