Orange Passion Fruit Black Tea
Taste & Aroma
Our Orange Passion Fruit Black tea pleasantly combines the citrus of orange, sweet tropical flavor of a fresh passion fruit with the rich taste of Ceylon black tea. This tea has a rich and lively and strong fruity floral aroma and a very sweet fruity, citrusy flavor. This an excellent tea hot or iced tea. So, if you're passionate about great flavored teas, look no further. Steep at 212° for 3 minutes.
Health & Wellness Benefits
Orange peels contain compounds that are beneficial to your health. One medium orange contains over 60 flavonoids and 170 different phytonutrients, according to Rebecca Wood, author of “The New Whole Foods Encyclopedia.” Most of these beneficial compounds come from the albedo -- the white matter that hugs the orange. The flavonoids in an orange peel help vitamin C, an important antioxidant vitamin, work more efficiently. Flavonoids also retard the growth of cancer cells by withholding energy requirements needed by these harmful cells. Two compounds in orange peel may protect against lung cancer. A 2009 study conducted at the Department of Food Science at the University of Massachusetts found polymethoxyflavones contained in the peel of sweet oranges inhibited the growth of cancer cells of the lung. Another compound, called liminoid, might also be responsible for preventing cancer of the lung as well as cancer of the stomach, colon and breast. An orange peel contains two important flavones: hesperidin and polymethoxylate. These are compounds that help lower low-density lipoprotein, or LDL, cholesterol levels, according to a 2004 joint study conducted by the US Department of Agriculture and KGK Synergize, a nutraceutical company. Researchers suggest that taking dietary supplements containing orange is more ideal than eating the peels. The reason: you would need to eat 20 orange or tangerine peels a day for the peels to have a therapeutic effect on LDL cholesterol levels.
Passion Flower tea has been recognized by Native American Indian tribes for hundreds of years as being effective in sedating and calming the nerves and combating anxiety. Traditional medical physicians also widely recognize the painkilling and blood pressure lowering properties of this herb.
It is helpful in promoting restful sleep, improving blood circulation, as well as lowering blood pressure. It has also been recognized for lessening headaches, toothaches and pain associated with colic, the menstrual cycle and asthma. Passion flower tea also helps to alleviate symptoms such as nausea and vomiting which may be caused by withdrawal from Vicodin, cocaine, heroin, or opiate painkillers.
Drinking 3-5 cups of black tea daily can bring about all these health benefits.
- Cardiovascular health because it is abundant in antioxidants such as flavonoids which prevent damage caused by free radicals
- Reduces the risk of heart attacks and strokes as it helps to expand the arteries, which increase blood flow to the heart
- Improves coronary vasodilation and reduces clots.
- The polyphenois in Black tea seem to help fight against certain kinds of cancer such as ovarian, lung, prostate, colorectal, and bladder. Other studies have revealed that it also helps to prevent stomach, prostate and breast cancer because it slows down the growth of cancerous cells without destroying healthy cells.
- Helps to burn fat and speed up metabolism
- Helps to reduce bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol
- For this with diabetes, drinking tea helps to decrease glucose levels
- Can reduce the risk of cataracts and other conditions brought about by diabetes
- Promotes blood flow to the brain without over stimulating the heart.